Friday, November 16, 2007

Prichard Farms

I read yesterday in the paper that the City of Frostburg sent the homeowners in the Prichard Farms Development a letter stating that the city would not clear the snow from the streets in that development this winter. This being due to the streets not being built to code. How surprising! It seems that the developer has continually attempted to skirt the codes since this development began nearly two years ago. First it was the vapor barrier in the crawl spaces wasn't constructed correctly, then the sewer lines went to nowhere. How much longer is the city going to put up with this? Although I can't completely blame the developer, the city has dropped the ball on insuring that all of these items were done right in the first place through the inspection company that they hired. Well, that's probably another story. I feel pretty bad that I sold a house in this development to one of my friend's. Too bad these issues are just coming out.

No comments: